MTC has successively guided healthcare systems through cardiology projects for Cardiac PACS and Cardiovascular Information Systems (CVIS). Deliverables include: documented workflow with opportunities highlighted; business case; technology assessment of existing equipment with recommendations; proposal assessment documentation; site visit documentation; and final decision document.
Multiple CVIS and Cardiology PACS Projects
Consulted with multiple healthcare systems ranging in size from 1 to 6 hospitals and from 1 to 4 cardiology groups.
- On cardiology PACS projects provided education on the options, needs assessments, work flow analyses, requirements generation (RFP), proposal analysis, facilitated selection including site visits. Supported the contract negotiation and implementation. Provided project management when required and chaired steering committees.
- CVIS projects have covered the full gamut of cardiology services: all imaging modalities, hemodynamic systems, ECG, rehab, and arrhythmia clinic. Have modeled the entire workflow, including scheduling, procedure, reporting, billing and medical records.
- Have developed business cases, including ROI analysis, and acted as project manager.
Strategic Plan for Health System Interventional Radiology and Cardiology
- Assessed Imaging Equipment for Interventional Radiology and cardiology at two locations: the main hospital and a heart hospital — 20 systems in total.
- Developed recommendations for use of existing equipment and plans for future imaging equipment purchases. Recommendations were based on current and future use, technology assessment, and exam volumes to reduce redundancy and optimize utilization.